WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Meet Shari Markbreiter of MH Studio

My friend interior designer
Shari Markbreiter of MH Studio
invited me to this fabulous show house
in Westchester a few weeks ago.
Shari designed the Master Bedroom

Take A Look:



 Shari of
New York City


 love the opposing chunky chairs and the ethereal painting anchors the space, don't you agree?

this beautifully detailed dressing table would make any woman happy, and the tall crystal lamp is a fabulous shape and perfect height for applying makeup -- Baby Blue Birkin frames nicely.  Hurrah for refreshingly clean-lines on window treatments too and this graphic fabric used throughout feels neutral yet brings a nice repeat of geometric detailing.

 can't get enough of books, and I stack them in my interiors too.  The color palette is soft, yet with a great use of color.  Gotta love the ming-ish leg on that fabulously shaped slipper chair.  The Swedish looking end table is is roomy enough to hold books, candles and water. Great use of different materials:  dark wood leg with lighter wood table behind, textured rug in neutral, draped bed (are usually traditional but this one has a modern appeal)

A good designer thinks of the big picture but the devil is in the details...
love this touch!

Thanks for a glimpse Shari and
we look forward to seeing what
you are up to in the future.