WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Sneak Peek Holiday House NYC: Claudia Giselle's Girl's Night Out


nesting, nest by tamara, interior design, new york city
I just returned from the press preview for 
Holiday House in NYC
and there is much to be excited about. 
The designs this year are colorful, innovative and very dramatic. 
A wonderful dose of inspiration as we head into the busiest holiday season of the year. 
 I love the fun theme of holiday inspired rooms,
and this year many of the designers took creative license
 with the subject creating rooms with themes
from
"girl's night out" to
"everyday is a holiday"  
Girl's Night Out 
First, let's take a look at my good friend Claudia Giselle's space. 
She is a young, rising designer who happens to also be
 the President of IFDA NY Chapter. 
I am a committee member of IFDA and in case you are not familiar,
the organization brings those in the industry together, 
hosting many industry events throughout the city. 
nesting, nest by tamara, interior design, new york city 
Please tweet to the @IFDANY 
 Together Claudia and I tweet on behalf of the non-profit organization. 
ebony fabric from 
Robert Allen Fabrics 
glamorous sconces from 
Boyd Lighting 
crystal table lamps from Jonathan Adler
custom designed cabinetry 
with detailing of the vanity inserts by Maya Romanoff 
Claudia created a fantasy vanity room, 
a small oasis packed with a lot of style.
Can't you just picture sipping bubbly with your
girlfriends while getting ready for a night out on the town?
It's glamorous and I love it!
other important notes to the space:  
Lienhart Woodworking custom cabinets, 
Benjamin Moore paint, 
vintage sconces Leucos Lighting, 
accessories Architectural Minerals, 
 I hope you can stop by and take a look:
Claudia's room is just off the entryway on your right!
nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design
photograph of the main hallway:
Evelyn Lauder photography

Please stop back tomorrow
for more of my favorite rooms
at Holiday House 2012 NYC;
including 
Charlotte Moss,
Janet Rice,
Tobi Fairley,
Suzanne Eason,
Lee Robinson
and their holiday dreams. 

Happy Nesting XO