WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

A colorful, vibrant Spring offered up by furniture company, Bungalow 5

After a long, cold winter, 
spring 2014 
promises to be bright and sunny over at Bungalow 5!
horses nesting boxes

Judging from glimpses at their new collections, spring is shaping up to be a colorful season.  Since the company first came on the design scene a few years ago, they've been creating quite a buzz.  I picked up a few choice pieces recently for clients, who appreciate their relatively inexpensive price point, yet stylish, classic designs.  I also like how their wares combine well with a variety of design aesthetics. 
the Loop Stool comes in this sublime grey color, and the unusual design makes it a "must have" for Spring.

I am happy to have secured some lovely donations for my upcoming room at Design On A Dime in April.  Bungalow 5 has generously agreed to gift a few choice items for my French-inspired dining room.  The fact that I have been able to obtain gorgeous top of the line wares from a variety of design brands, speaks primarily to the stellar reputation of this annual charity, which is hosted by Elle Decor magazine and in collaboration with Housingworks.  

As I plan my 10X12 space, which will be swathed in a pretty blue and silver wallpaper from Farrow & Ball, I quickly realize the design needs to be colorful, and maybe even a little bit over the top.  This is not your average interior design project, and with the challenge of taking three prefab walls only 8 feet hight and no ceiling, windows, doors or trim, as well as laid out in rows and shown amongst 60+ other designs created by other interior designers, creativity reigns supreme.  In order for these spaces to have depth and feel like real design, we must think outside the box.  Additionally, since each and every item in our rooms are for sale with proceeds given to Housingworks, it is imperative to bring in items that will sell.  Bungalow 5 items are hugely popular, and as I peruse their website or walk through their busy showroom, there is almost always several pieces I would love to snatch up for myself or my clients. 
the Adam Arm chair has a fabulous shape and in a lovely vivid shade of blue, it holds a modern flair.
the Tansu side table in this fresh, Kelly green would work in a variety of spaces, 
from a hallway to guest bedroom.
well, maybe not colorful in palette but they are certainly colorful in style.  Who wouldn't want these gem-like, fashionable Sawtooth Towers flanking a bookcase or fireplace mantel?
The vivid colors combined with the unique scenery of these Children Temple ginger jars give their normally traditional style, a little bit of an edge!
A pair of these Sakura Balusta vases in this peacock blue color would certainly allow them to be the star of a room.

I wish for you a colorful spring, and to start the season off on a celebratory note, I hope you'll visit me in my dining room on April 24 at the Design On A Dime evening event and sale.  And, hint hint...at least one of these items I featured in this post from Bungalow 5 will be for sale in my room, and priced ready for a steal! 

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara