WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

a love of horses flourishes into an art gallery dedicated entirely to equestrian art by Juliet Harrison



a passion for equestrian art  
inspires a unique art gallery, 
showcasing works from 
artists all over the world.   
all that glitters by Juliet Harrison
You may remember I profiled fine artist 
Juliet R. Harrison's photography here on the blog a few years ago after meeting her at the HITS horseshow in upstate New York while my daughter Gabby was competing in the Hunters.  Juliet, the Director of the Ex Arte Equinis International Equine Art competition, creates prolific equestrian photography that caught my attention.  Through her lens we see the beauty of and the love for this graceful animal, and from unique, sometimes up close perspectives.  Juliet has now gone on to open up her very own gallery featuring equestrian art
 called the Equis Art Gallery
at 7516 North Broadway 
in the Mid-Hudson River Valley town of 
Red Hook, New York.
The Framework of the Machine (horse) by Susan Friedman.
The gallery showcases the best in non-traditional equine art with works that are astute but not the traditional "sporting art" often seen in the equestrian world. The gallery shows paintings, sculpture, works in graphite and fine art photography. Works are for sale online as well at EquisArt.com

"With pieces by Susan Leyland, Kathi Peters and Patricia Powers, just to name a few, I am honored by the trust of these incredibly talented artists and some of the finest contemporary equine art available today."
Juliet Harrison

Caleb Quotem by Patricia Powers
Olympia by Patricia Powers
Bucephalus Wins by Susan Leyland in terra cotta
My World by Kathi Peters (Sold)
Equus by Kathi Peters
 Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
artist and gallery owner, Juliet Harris