WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Nest by Tamara's design spotting: Famille Summer Belle's Manhattan Morning has me dreaming of Fall in the Big Apple

My Story in August 30th issue of Dan's Papers 
about nature-inspired wallpapers on page 127
Today's Design Spotting:
I have a wallpaper crush 
on Famille Summerbelle
Sipping my morning coffee I contemplate what this Fall here in New York City will bring, and I am reminded of the busy, and, at times, awe-inspiring influences here in the Big Apple.  Filled with inspiration around every corner, New York City's optimistic season brings a bounty of surprises.  Autumn in NYC is spectacular! Over the past year I've seen a surge in wallpaper use, and it was all the rage at the various design shows I attended from Milan to New York City.  Other bloggers and designers are taking note, and check out Christian May's  Maison 21 about wallpaper popularity and mention of that topic in the Los Angeles Daily News paper this week.  On that note, 
English company Famille Summerbelle's  Manhattan Morning 
wallpaper landed on my design desk and I have a crush.  
I first spotted the UK company's lovely design at Tent London a few years ago.  The paper brings all the wonders of NYC together in a pretty toile package.  
It's fresh and moderne...
Manhattan Morning, 
Sky Blue & Hudson River colorway 
Okay, I admit I am equally enamored with their Paris wallpaper.  And, yup Autumn in Paris is pretty divine, so no argument there.  
Un Dimanche à Paris Wallpaper
Blue colorway
yellow colorway 
 Happy Fall
&
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara
I met up with the wallpaper maker while on this trip 
with Modenus while shopping for fabric and wallpaper 
at London's Decorex and Tent London