WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

A busy holiday, and a new bathroom upgrade planned to go with our newly decorated bedroom!


We plan to decorate our guest bathroom soon, 
and just in time to work with 
this newly upgraded bedroom. 
After recently decorating our teen son's bedroom we are now focused on modernizing the adjoining small bathroom that also acts as a guest bath in our New York City apartment.  We just added the finishing touches on the bedroom, giving our son moody navy walls, a new rug and freshly painted furniture.  The space somehow feels larger, and has us yearning to fix up the adjoining small guest bathroom by adding a new sink and vanity. With  a slew of guests arriving for Christmas, we need to act quickly.
 When decorating the bedroom I channeled the sensibilities of the late, great interior designer Albert Hadley and his gentleman's design style aesthetic.  The room now feels edited, smart yet  layered.
Miles' trophies, books & desk 
look regal set against these new navy colored walls
I think the orange and ecru striped curtains (fabric from Hinson) adds a crispness to the room.  When you refurbish one area of your home, another area starts to instantly look in need of repair. With the busy holiday season upon us, we plan to tweak our small guest bathroom. It is a tiny space that  gets primarily used when friends and family are visiting from out of town.  The sink is small and old, and there's a narrow stall shower.  We hope to quickly and easily spiff it up.  We took to the Internet to shop for a stylish yet reasonably priced vanity, and one with a quick shipping policy.  I found a few options.  With a simple click of the keyboard I can have the vanity shipped to me in a few short days.  Although this bathroom is old, I'd love to create a modern look with a stylish bathroom vanity that will freshen up the small space.  Take a look at my narrowed choices.  The current vanity is small and the space requires we order a 25" wide vanity.
If we go Italian and sleek, I love the Fresca Milano  in the white oak finish with medicine cabinet and faucet.  I like the tapered shape and the modern pulls on the drawers.
Another choice is the Fresca Torino vanity 25" wide in the light oak finish, which offers open shelving for towels and toiletries.
Thirdly, we love the utilitarian and modern Avanity Tribeca 24" vanity in the gray finish. Please click here for more choices in a variety of prices, finishes and options. 
I would be thrilled if you drop me a line
 and let me know which one is your favorite!
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara