WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Black, Blue & White channels Spring and Summer Decorating with Dot & Bo favorites

                    
Wielding a Winning Color Combination of 
Black, Blue & White 
the Design at the Stylish J.K. Place Hotel on the 
Italian Island of Capri is Fresh and Inviting! 
check out some of our 
favorite paint colors in this palette
Although there is snow out my window,
Spring has Sprung! With the warmer weather on the horizon, I've chosen my favorite warm weather color combining.  I love decorating with Black, Blue & White bringing spring and summer to my home. Adding black to the traditional blue and white combination gives the palette a bit of edge.  See more blue finds at Dot & Bo.  Let's take a look at some of my top black, blue & white pieces from a fabulous online shopping site, Dot & Bo:
Nest by Tamara's
Black, Blue & White Roundup...
1. Architects Table Light
2. Alberta Table Lamp
3. Pear Down Chair
4. Dark Starburst Statuette
5. Royally Inclined Bar Cart
6. Finisterre Ceiling Lamp Black
7. Sunset Beach Lantern, small
8. Spotlight Table Lamp
9. Royal Moment Sofa

You may remember Dot & Bo named Nest by Tamara Top 50 Influencers in Home Design, and they have been generous with me in other ways too.  Last year they donated gorgeous bar set and glassware to my room design at one of NYC's most popular design charity events Design On A Dime, which is a unique part show house, part sale philanthropic annual event.  
This year, as we plan to create a modern Designer's Atelier space for the April 23rd Design On A Dime gala, we want fresh design.  Dot & Bo was first on my mind since they offer up innovative wares on their easy-to-shop website.  I am happy to announce they are donating a pair of these Spotlight Table lamps, which are appointed with a bullhorn shaped shade and ridged detailing, giving the lamps a utilitarian feel.  This pair will most certainly work wonderfully on our designer's desk and meld well with the other items we have planned for the vignette. 
putting the finished touches on my room at DOAD 2014, which was featured in the pages 
of Elle Decor magazine!

Please purchase tickets here for the April 23rd gala in NYC's Metropolitan Pavilion.  If you cannot make the event, I promise to capture the excitement of the evening and bring a medley of photographs from my finished room here on the blog. 

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara