WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Spring Decorating is In the Air: Metrie Helps With Easy Home Renovations!

Metrie is a sponsor of Nest by Tamara blog
A Perfect Pairing:
Spring & Decorating Go Hand-In-Hand!  
We are smitten with Metrie's easy-to-use and sophisticated architectural detailing making home renovations come to life and telling a story.

our beach house could benefit from moulding
 in the kitchen and replace the flat chair rail we currently have above the bead board.
I like to think that if the walls could talk in the homes I have decorated there would be delightful stories.  Stories of the design inspirations, how we chose the colors and styles through myriad conversations and inspired by the client's travels and passions.  The story would tell about the love that goes into designing a home, putting the very best face forward, and how we came to the decisions we did after much communications and efforts. With the warmer weather here, and everyone primping to ready for summer, there seems lots of stories in the making.  Every spring, I like to pick one area of my home to upgrade, and after this long tired winter a fresh coat of paint, a new chair rail above my bead board in our kitchen, would  truly bring new life into my beach house.  I like to select new trim, mouldings or even a new interior door to add something fresh to a design projects, even when a full renovation is not in the works.  

Metrie offers interior finishings, such as casings, crown and panel mouldings, baseboards and interior doors.  They make the process of working with these finishes easy with their Then & Now Finishing CollectionsTM taken from the best of the best in architectural styles that work well with both modern and classic, traditional design for a sophisticated aesthetic.  The Then & Now products are put together in five categories; Fashion Forward, French Curves, Pretty Simple, True Craft and Very Square for easy access.  

Once you choose from one of them, it is as easy as staining or painting the trim to match the detailing already in the home.  Additionally, there are coordinating mouldings called Scenes to continue the aesthetic if needed with more custom capabilities.  The products are geared to work with interior designers or simply straight to the consumer with their easy-to-use format and while utilizing their design planning tools including "Style Quiz" on their website.  I like that they offer many places to buy their products and just in my New York City neighborhood here are places to buy Metrie!
I have my eye on some of the Pretty Simple trims to upgrade our breakfast area 
in our beach house in East Hampton. 
Although simply adorned, Pretty Simple is designed with an eye on symmetry and traditional detailing.  It adds to the great bones and architectural detailing of my cedar shingle, simple Farm House-style home inspired from the Colonial era.  These homes are typical cottages that were built and popular over 100 years ago dotting the coast lines in places like Sag Harbor, East Hampton and Nantucket.  I would love to add a bit of architectural trim in my breakfast nook in my home breathing new life into my kitchen and dining room just in time for summer when we take advantage of the outdoor season and often entertain under our pergola just outside the kitchen. 
 That's my story, 
what is yours? 
The Pretty Simple Scene 1
Chair Rail would freshen up the look
just above our bead board
adding a more architectural detailing
 
About Metrie:
At Metrie, their beginnings are in furnishings and set the stage for the style throughout the home. 
Since 1926 Metrie™ has transformed space with exquisitely crafted architectural trim. Over the years Metrie has grown to become the largest manufacturer and supplier of solid wood and composite moulding in North America. In addition to their extensive portfolio of moulding profiles, they developed Then & Now Finishing Collections™, a series of professionally designed and coordinated interior trim and doors that take the guesswork out of selecting interior finishings.  Check out Metrie's blog, The Finished Space for profiles of many finished projects showing their wares.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara