Holiday House founder Iris Dankner with designer Rio Hamilton
sponsored by Traditional Home magazine
Honorary Chair: Leonard Lauder
Co-chairs: Iris Dankner and Christopher Hyland
Design Chairs: Alexa Hampton, Geoffrey Bradfield and Mario Buatta
a lovely corner in Marks & Franz's room
In New York City for this Thanksgiving holiday?
Don't forget to stop into Holiday House New York City to take in these beautifully designed spaces and kick off your holiday season with panache. Head on over to the Academy Mansion at 2 East 63rd Street. Twenty one designers created vignettes showing holiday-inspired themes.
1. Björn Björnsson's Sitting Room on a Snowy Day
is ethereal, fantastical and wields a special lightness to this usually serious, and although gorgeous, dark and period room. He lit up the ceiling with LED lights, highlighting the already existing detailed dark paneling and ceiling, brought in lighted orbs and more delightful accessories, furniture and textiles to show a fantasy space on a snowy day! We loved all the custom furniture from Christopher Guy as well.
Antonino Buzzetta with Michelle Bradley, Bradley USA
2. Antonino Buzzetta's gorgeous, pink Parlor shows striking modern art set against fine furniture and accessory collections with a striped ceiling and a lovely flattering, glow throughout. We loved the spectacular art gracing the walls by renowned artist Bradley Theodore, and the room's furniture from the Bradley USA collection in Atlanta.
3. Talented interior designer Stacy Garcia's second floor Meditation room/hallway is packed with much of her signature style. Garcia utilizes her fabric and wall covering collections with York Wall Coverings (Arbor Day collection) then combines with a fantastic painted herringbone wooden floor, gorgeous art and a light up neon sign which all work to bring a modern, light aesthetic to this classic hallway.
4. Marks & Frantz's Game Night is loaded with fun-filled ways to socialize. Working with gorgeous Dedar fabrics as a base, this luxury game room is tricked out with myriad games and also with two stocked bars to complete the mood. This room certainly tops our list of places we'd love to cozy up and nest during the holidays!
1. Julia Buckingham's Holi Festival of Colors
is a happy, bright and light sitting room also debuting this Chicago-based designer's latest furniture and accessory collection with Global Views. Buckingham also showcases Bradley USA furniture, Trove wallpaper and many delicious goodies to keep our eyes and taste buds satiated.
Trove wallpaper and Bradley USA ottoman
The house is open until December 2nd, and