WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Exciting News: Meet Me At Maison Objet in Paris in January, 2016


Paris' antique market, Marche aux Puce
With Maison Objet Just Around The Corner,
Dreams of Paris Realized.
I Hope to See you There!

 loving this special street, Rue du Mail
Puce antique market 
a favorite stop for croissant
fabrics at JAB Antoenz
I have been pining over my photos from last January when I traveled the City of Lights to take in this world class design industry show.  So much to see and do in Paris, and I could hardly fit it all in within five short days.  You may remember last year I found antiques while sipping champagne with my friend Toma of the Antiques Diva, met up with some of my favorite artisans and industry brands at the Maison Objet show, popped into see all the finest fabric launches at Deco Off, sleuthed out and made a bespoke cocktail at my favorite hotel bar, and ate a delicious meal at one of Paris' most historic restaurants.  

I am happy to announce that the folks at the Maison Objet show have graciously offered to sponsor me yet again.  This time, we will hit a few of the trade shows happening concurrently, and all the while on the heels of  tragic times for France.  Follow along as I travel back to Paris and show you highlights.  In the meantime, take a look at a few snapshots from my visit in January 2015, and please stay tuned for updates of this year's event.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
shopping the antique market at the Puche 
with some of my friends from the design industry
 at the annual Antiques Diva Brunch at the Puce market with
Lisa McMahon, Toma Clark Haines, me, Catarine Wright, Justin Shaulis, Iris Dankner
chatting it up with the team with Rab Labs exhibiting at the show
our very own bespoke cocktail
swanky VIP section at Maison Objet for tea and nibbles