WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

All Summer Long, Check Out Our New Weekly Wallpaper Round Up on #WallpaperWednesday

Nest by Tamara's Favorite Seven 
Wallpaper Patterns!
wallpaper images via Farrow & Ball
my favorite, quirky paper 
from Travers hanging in my foyer at our cottage in East Hampton
I think Martha Stewart may have created this hashtag #WallpaperWednesday, and it is a genius idea because there does seem to be a hashtag for almost everything nowadays.  The world is exploding with beautiful wallpaper and I love the idea of celebrating it all on one day.  So, here goes our very first #WallpaperWednesday post, a round up of some of our favorites, and on our radar.  Wallpaper is a medium I have been crazy for most of my life, and all the way back to when I was a little girl and my mother created the prettiest bedroom for me with glossy white painted wide board pine floors and a maroon and white and pink floral English paper.  Wallpaper has the ability to immediately transform a space, small or large, add needed architecture or just add onto the already existing architecture of a room.  I use it in almost every project I have worked on with my design clients, and in every home I have lived.  One of my very favorite patterns from Travers, is donning the hallway and walls of my foyer in East Hampton.  It is a brown and ecru toile of tiny little forest animals.  From a distance away it looks like a small geometric pattern then up close you see the squirrels and little creatures repeated, and it is charming.  With our home textile company Root Cellar Designs, we are very excited to be adding wallpaper to our collections this coming Fall, 2016.  This month, we are in the throes of designing patterns, a cornucopia of traditional and avant garde designs.  We love that wallpaper patterns are breaking all the rules, and the possibilities of designs seems endless.  Please join us all summer as Wallpaper Wednesday gives us fodder.  Take a look at the Seven wallpapers that have caught our attention this week...

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara

1. Kaleidoscope is a beautiful iridescent cobalt blue and white pattern by UK company Fromental.  It is simply mesmerizing.  Inspired by Moorish architecture and hand finished, we would love to see the walls of a dining room covered in this beautiful paper.  
2. Swedish based design firm Sandberg Wallpaper creates gorgeous papers showing that specific and unique Swedish Country appeal, yet with an edge--this pattern Amelie Gron has us smitten.
3. Hermes just makes the prettiest stuff, so it's not surprising that their new Herringbone Pencil pattern created by Nigel Peake is beautiful.  It is a freehand rendition of a herringbone in fun, fresh colors.  Offered through Dedar designer trade showrooms.  
4. UK based company Farrow & Ball makes gorgeous paint and wallpaper. We love the Tourbillon pattern in a beautiful shade of blue.  It is a fashionable pattern created in segmented circles for a graphic appeal that also feels couture.   
5.  Anthropologie is one of the best sources available straight to the consumer, and putting out current wallpaper patterns they sleuth from artisans in the UK and Europe.  Humming Marsh pattern is multi-colored, layered and harkens to high-end wallpaper from the past, yet it is offered easily by the roll on their website!
6.  I first met Abigail Borg about five years ago at Tent London when she debuted her papers and fabric.  Muscari Coal Ecru is slightly different than her other patterns, and we love the illustrative nature but created in this two tone with black and ecru, it is stunning.   
 7. Cowtan & Tout designer trade showroom represents Manual Canovas and this classic, divine French architectural scenery oversized pattern, 
Les Toits de Paris.

Stop back next Wednesday 
for more of our wallpaper finds, 
and see our Wallpaper Pin Board board for more great 
paper ideas and sources!
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara