WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Lunch in a Former Factory Turned Luxury Home, and some antique source shares...

Decorating & Entertaining Post:
setting a festive table for lunch
in a historic spot in Sag Harbor
this gorgeous Pinterest-worthy spread 
created by my talented daughter, Gabby Stephenson
I led this fun group of designers through a two-day antique and design tour of the Hamptons.  We hit many of my favorite, beautiful spots throughout the East End.  In the middle of a busy day, we popped into Watchcase for a lovely lunch.  My friend Toma Clark Haines of the Antiques Diva even brought her own bottled Champagne to celebrate! Please follow our hashtags, #AntiquesDivaUSA on Instagram.

Last year, I decorated a penthouse apartment, a townhouse apartment and finished the decorations of the pool house at Watchcase, in what was the former Bulova watch factory.  Over ten years time the developer refurbished this project while retaining its architectural and industrial integrity, and today it is a luxury residential complex perched on the edge of this beautiful town in Sag Harbor, Long Island.  Since the home has two exposed brick walls on either side and beautifully, tall ceilings, it was important for me to both combine simple pieces with rich detailing and texture to highlight the architecture of the home.  

 Penthouse 406 at Watchase is for sale
good decorating is in the details...
When decorating the penthouse I wanted to keep the industrial feel, yet add warmth to the home.  I picked up these antique tin lamps at my favorite shop on the North Fork, Beall & Bell



 I found this antique glass coffee table at Collette in Southampton, which keeps the open, clean lines in the home
adding colorful notes, I set the table with linens I created from my own fabric collection, root cellar designs.  The table runner is our netting, noir pattern and the napkins are our tortoiseshell, indigo collection.  We paired the linens with vintage Blue Willow plates, pretty shell napkin rings and simple blue rimmed glasses.  This was a simple, yet colorful way to show off the architecture and design of this beautiful interior.  Sometimes simple pops of color can highlight a home and the food you are serving in the best way!


I bought a pair of antique chairs from English Country Antiques, which added needed warmth to the space.
I found these candle sticks that double as bookends
and utilizing antique fish hooks -- and it keeps with the nautical vibe I brought to the home. 

I bought a pair of antique fabric wooden spools and used them as candle stick holders, then covered them with large, blown glass globes, which adds the right amount of drama to this table.
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara