WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Holidays Are Here-- Let's Talk Fashion With The Spring 2019 Shown By Matty Bovan

 
Spring 2019 Fashion Offers Food For Thought-
Luxury and Creativity Showcased 
in Matty Bovan's Ready-To-Wear Spring 2019 Collection
this one above is my favorite-- a boned tulle skirt with raffia crochet flowers and cable ties, neon orange coated basque with large raffia flowers, digitally printed tube gloves, 
Sources via Bovan's instagram:
money hat by @stephenjonesmillinery, clay necklace and earrings by @begoniapeterson,
Custom canvas heels with extra long laces by @ginashoesofficial  
Hats @stephenjonesmillinery  Hair @sydhayeshair  Custom weaving @rarethread 
Recycled plastic weaving @casc8  Laser cutting @lisamcconniffe 
Crochet flowers @chris.made.this  Digital embroidery @jackypuzey Screen prints in house 
Fashion designer Matty Bovan debuted a collection of fashion ensembles from dresses to rich, layered separates on the runway this past Fall in London.  To me, his ready-to-wear Spring collection channels that nuanced, layered feel that a beautifully decorated old home holds-- a beautiful home with a past, one rich with textiles and woven together in a way that is curated not overly decorated.  Ok, ok maybe it's a stretch to equate this fashion collection to old, historic homes but I'm first and foremost an interior designer, so I tend to go there! 

Vogue called his collection "optimistic and joyful" and to me, it was that and yet it was over to top (in a good way-- meaning in a way that inspires us to do better, create more and think outside the box) and yes, while it incurred a feeling of luxury, many of the designs wore a combination of everyday items woven together with rich ball gowns and towering high hair ensembles and myriad textures.  The show squarely places an importance on individualism and creativity. As a textile designer and interior designer, I find that wonderfully refreshing, and made me feel, well, optimistic! Take a look at some of my favorites from the show...
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
all images in this collection via vogue.com