WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Fashion to Home Post: Fisherman Netting Bags Influencing our Homes for 2020



Nautical Rumblings:
The Fisherman Netting Bag
Influences Home,
Fall 2019
You must have seen all those gorgeous rope and netting bags that all the "cool kids" carried this past summer.  I nabbed one of my own, but, truth be told, I love anything made with fishing netting, coir, rope, nautical cording- case in point my nautical rumblings board.  It's no wonder these beauties have made their way to the runway.  This rope and netting trend is certainly influencing our homes too.
Why?  That juxtaposition of natural, sometime rough materials with high-style and fashion is alluring.  Also, sustainability and recycling is on everyone's mind these days.  The idea that we could repurpose something like netting or rope, items often found and used in the ocean, seems to be influencing our design trends for both the home and fashion.  We know that Rattan and Wicker are here to stay, and using rope and macrame on furniture has become popular the last couple of years too.

In just a few weeks all the big and small home industry brands will debut their newest collections at Fall design markets around the country, and my prediction is that netting, rope and natural cording is on the rise. Just a few of our favorites...
2019-Tidelli's Loveseat from the Painho Collection
2020- Tidelli's Amado Double Chaise
1. California based company Tidelli's outdoor rope collection  is gorgeous.  I liked the Painho collection from 2019, and 2020 looks even more exciting which is inspired by the exotic world. The new collection debuted in California just a few weeks ago, and it is retro-inspired while channeling the 1970's and offering a variety of colors from earth tones to bright hues.
Phloem studio's Harbor stool is made with handcrafted wood yet the seat is woven rope.  All their furniture is well crafted, but these Harbor stools caught our attention, and all made in the pacific northwest.

At ICFF this past spring,
I spotted the Chita Chair by Brazilian furniture maker, 
Sergio J. Matos. With a steel structure, the chair is wrapped in rope and offered in a variety of colors, it is certainly cutting edge design using these materials.

When offering sources, I like to add an inexpensive option. And, for the bargain shopper here the World Market
is made with nautical sailing rope. Quite affordable and stylish as well.

 Happy Nesting
XO Tamara