WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countdown to Christmas: Day 17 -- set up a self-serve bar for your guests when you host your holiday soiree

Bar Carts
 Happy Holiday decorating.  
Some of us live in small spaces (especially us New York City dwellers). One of my lifesavers in our small apartment for easy entertaining has been to keep vintage bar carts on casters in the apartment, so we can wheel them from room to room when needed.  From our dining room to our living room during, the bar carts are portable and stylish for holiday entertaining.  




my two bar carts:
one a vintage faux-bamboo the other a kidney-shaped brass one 
from the same timeframe -- roughly the 1950s

 a self-serve stocked bar cart offers your guests a place to refresh their drinks.

 I love 1950s bar carts and when they have little wheels (casters) on them so you can move them from room to room that just puts it over the top for me.  Not only are bar carts stylish but during the Holiday season when we tend to host dinners, tree lighting parties and the like I love to wheel my bar cart into my living room and offer my guests a plethora of refreshments and cocktails all self-serve style.  Don't forget to stock the cart with a full ice bucket, tongs, glassware, napkins and a pitcher of water. 
Enjoy!


My antique bar cart set up for a holiday party
and maybe a special gift for someone? 

These faux antique barcarts below are a lovely alternative to buying an antique and quite stylish to boot...