WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Nest by Tamara's Top Picks for Tabletop Finds at NY NOW Winter Opening Day





BEST IN SHOW 
for 
tabletop at NY NOW 
with IFDA Selects
 I was asked to choose my favorite tabletop piece at the show, and I chose RabLabs' gold strainer bowl. Today was opening day for the Winter NY NOW show.  With two big designer events on Nest by Tamara's Spring Calendar -- we are decorating a table at this April's Lenox Hill Neighborhood House tabletop gala at Cipriani on April 15, and a room at the upcoming Design On A Dime design charity event for Housingworks on April 23rd at the Metropolitan Pavilion -- we are looking for inspiration around every corner.  

NY NOW is expansive and more visually stunning than ever before, so we decided to focus in one area.  As part of an effort with IFDA Selects I was asked to judge BEST IN SHOW for tabletop.  I chose these gorgeous mesh gold bowls that with their glass inserts would make one stylish soup bowl on a host's table this winter.  The 24k gold plated mesh design was inspired by sea fans, and the design is stunning and unusual!  See other favorite tabletop finds we spotted that  topped our list.   

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara
exquisite tableware over at Mottahedeh
 California's Caravan showed sleek collections of votives, horn bowl & delicate linens 
 Vermont made pottery with a country yet modern feel by Laura Zindel design
Tom Dixon never disappoints, and his new bar set collections and vases are lovely.
We are smitten with these large leaf metal sculptures over at Tommy Mitchell