WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Fashion Column: Jackie-O Scarves Are Chic This Fall

The Year of the Scarf, 
channeling the 1960s and Jackie-O
According to Vogue-- the fashion world's accessory these days is the head scarf, made ever-so-popular in the 1960s by icon Jackie Kennedy. Jackie wore these so effortlessly and usually topped off with a pair of oversized sunglasses.  
Back in the day with
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Years ago, I had a generous client who gave me several Hermes scarf holiday occasions.  Then, two years the French government invited me to Paris to write about the historic, artisan brands the Comité  Colbert in France.  I visited the Hermes atelier outside Paris to see the Kelly bag being made by hand.  Hermes generously gifted me the beautiful Ciels Byzantine scarf in stunning shades of orange, rouge and bordeaux at the end of an amazing day.   
The Resort 2019 collections this year showed scarves in spades. And, lucky for us there are more and more ways to don these beautiful works of art.
 Today...
Valentino, Missoni and Gucci 
are showing gorgeous scarves
head scarves have been spotted on the streets this summer, and even heading into Fall-- 
Voila, you have instant style!
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara