WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

add a little bling to your home with interesting and updated cabinetry hardware


Du Verre hardware makes this lovely collection of black and silver hardware for kitchen and bath cabinetry, 
and it's like the perfect piece of jewelry 
on a classic dress, finishing it off to perfection.
Du Verre hardware
last summer my kitchen needed a pick me up, and because it was not in our budget to refurbish,  I added  freshness to my ten year old country kitchen by painting the cabinets a perfect shade of white from Fine Paints of Europe.  Two coats of the luxurious, glossy paint and this soft white illuminated my kitchen, making it feel new again.  To top it all off, I changed out the plain old wooden knobs and added character to my plain old shaker cabinets by adding brushed aluminum pulls and knobs.  Such a small change really, and I literally transformed my kitchen.  Read my post HERE about the project.
Take a Look:




speaking of hardware, 
I am loving the elongated horizontal handles seen everywhere at KBIS and in new kitchens lately. 
Last week I wrote about the popularity of elongated handles to work with the new sleek kitchen cabinetry offered in neutral colors and horizontal detailing.   
here are some of my favorite from 
Du Verre


Arroyo
is a new series by award winning designer William Harvey.  I like the simplicity and elegant feel.  It has a slim silhouette and it's recycled aluminum and compatible with LEED objectives.

polar
Designed by Christopher Smith of East Main Design these knobs and pulls are ergonomic as well as sophisticated.  The Polar Collection is made from environmentally friendly recycled aluminum as well, and the collection comes in three finishes. 
Rise
Designed by Christopher Smith of East Main Design, these handles are modern with a retro appeal, and an added bonus is the Collection is made from environmentally recycled aluminum. 

Du Verre works with reputable talented designers to create original design hardware for cabinetry that is finished by hand.  Check out their website here for details.
love this elongated handle collection from Du Verre
Toronto Kitchen with Scot Laughton and Heinz Pfleger hardware

Happy Nesting XO