WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

TRAVEL COLUMN: PARIS TO NEW YORK WITH AIR FRANCE IS DIVINE...



holiday travel review:
Gushing About My Business Class Flight 
To Paris With Air France 
Louis Vuitton via Vogue magazine
THIS PHOTO SHOWS 
HOW I WANT TO FEEL WHEN ARRIVING FROM AN
OVERNIGHT, OVERSEAS FLIGHT 

We all want to feel glamorous when we travel, especially if it's an international flight and we need to "hit the ground running" upon our arrival in a foreign city with a different time zone.  Only too often we arrive from an overseas flight, exhausted and looking and feeling a little worn out.  I had the fortune to fly Business Class round trip between Paris and New York this year, and it was memorable.   I was able to sample the new Air France modular travel seating in Business Class which were recently put into place, providing the utmost comfort to passengers.  Luxury and comfort dovetails nicely here, and this was the most relaxing and indulgent trip I have had in years flying to Europe.  For starters the food was exquisite, the leg room and seating/sleeping arrangements were easily customizable with privacy and allowing plenty of room.  The modular seats felt as if I was swaddled in my own little cocoon, and allowed me varying options of seat configurations from laying flat for sleeping to upright with a desk component for working.  The units were designed for Air France in collaboration with Zodiac Aerospace, and the special rounded design was created by Mark Collins of Design Investment. The flight crew was attentive and accommodating as well.  The entire trip gave me a new outlook on international travel, and as I plan my annual trip to Paris this coming January, I will most certainly book with Air France again. What makes the Business Class experience so enjoyable on Air France?  To me, it comes down to three important elements...
COMFORT:

The upper deck of this plane held 80 Business Class seats and they are designed to create a relaxing and working, serene ambiance.  The angle of the seat was comfortable, and I liked the convenient side storage cabinet with power outlets for computers and video screens.  Check out Air France's video here,  BUSINESS CLASS EXPERIENCE

FOOD:

Air France is known as the ambassador of fine French cuisine in international travel.  The food was delicious on my flight, and gave new meaning to airplane food.  New announcements this Fall help to solidify this title for Air France.  This season, two Michelin star chef, Guy Martin of Le Grand Vefour is offering his culinary talents to travelers in Business Class on board long-haul flights and special medium-haul flights. With a selection of globally-inspired 6 main dishes, passengers will have their choices and the menu will be varied every two weeks.  A sampling of this fine fare, includes--Cod with basmati rice with curcuma and mashed croquettes with cashew nuts, coconut sauce fragrance with Espelette pepper.  
SERVICE:
our flight offered an in-flight art gallery where I could access various exhibitions on the upper deck.  I was able to check out works from the Louvre and other museums, then stop into the bar, take a walk through the stairwell and corridor to stretch my legs and pick up a snack and a drink.  And, the flight crew was attentive, friendly and checked on me several times throughout the trip.  The Air France website offers  travel recommendations and sites to visit when in Paris!

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara