du Gournay wallpaper at Moda Operandi
Design Shares, Part 2:
10 Pale Pink Designs
our London's Sketch restaurant post earlier this year
The color Pink is one of my favorite colors. I have long loved utilizing pale pink in a home, and not in the usual way you often see this hue such as in baby girl bedrooms (although that is lovely), but I also enjoy using the color in unusual ways and combined with more serious and grounded hues, like navy or chocolate brown. I am particularly over the moon for pink sofas (version I refer to as blush). I pinned an entire board of pink sofas recently to source for a client.
According to the fun facts site, pink symbolizes joy and happiness. The color was given its name in the 17th century, and since then there has been a multitude of emotions and positive attributes associated with it. Since 2017 seems to be all about color for the home, let's celebrate pale pink. Take a look at these newbies-- fresh new ways and sources to bring that spring-like feeling into the home by paying homage to the happiest color on the color wheel.
was inspired by India Hicks' sofa and home
featured in Lonny Magazine in 2011
who doesn't want pale pink in their home after seeing Steven Gambrel's magical, yet budget apartment transformation for a client in 2014? He uses the color well with paint and accessories here in Domino Magazine.
1. Audley light, Urban Electric
this is a perfect bedside light and offered in a few color combinations from grey to pink, and varying cord color options to boot! But, the pale pink enamel feel gives a fresh new look to using pink in the home. Bravo!
2. Linen Cardiff Settee, Anthropologie
created in a small 60W size, this settee is a perfect small sofa in a tiny, urban apartment or perhaps an addition to a larger living space or bedroom -- and it sits upon a glamorous gold base
3. The over-dyed rugs have certainly had their moment, but Anthropologie's pale blush versions breathes fresh life into this design. This hand-knotted rug with the geometric design adds a modern feel to an old-world design, and the color just topped off the modernity.
4. high-end, luxurious hand painted French wallpaper by
de Gournay comes in many styles and patterns, but the Earlham pattern is a gorgeous Chinoiserie design in a pale pink shade. Here it is hung above in luxury retail shop, Moda Operandi, an invite-only shopping boutique in a landmarked building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
5. blush chairs from Boca do lobo
The Empire center table is built from mahogany wood, and features a polished brass surface. Boca do lobo showed this crazy, gorgeous table flanked by these blush colored chairs at Maison Objet, January 2017!
6. our Root Cellar Designs' fabric collection, Renaissance showcases a series of pale pink patterns (a linen/cotton textile), called "pinkish" with just the essence of pink.
7. For those on a steep budget, World Market is even getting in on the stylish furniture, and they bring pale pink to the stylish stage for a "song". This modern silhouette blush chair on a birch-toned wooden legs, offers a mid-century feel to a home.
8. Another bargain from the 2017 IKEA launch, the Soderhamn Armchair in Samsta Light Pink.
9. A Kitchen Aid mixer may still be the most coveted cooking item in your kitchen, but the Artisan Series 5 Quarter tilt-head Mixer in pale pink takes it over the top. Impressive to note, it makes up to 9 dozen cookies in one single batch. With 10 speeds, and in this lovely hue, we are smitten!
10. Suite One Studio's rose and gold plates are pretty porcelain dishes with a pale pink glaze and a golden edge. Kiln dried, these have a hand made touch, yet are wonderfully durable.