WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Join Me May 21 for SHOP THE LOOK in NYC!

Please Join Us 
For A Celebration Of Design!
Eight Showrooms Invite Eight Interior Designers 
To SHOP THE LOOK 
And Create Design Boards.

Next Monday, May 21st the entire fifth floor at the New York Design Center (200 Lexington Avenue) will once again come together to present its 2018 version of Shop The Look. Each showroom has engaged a noted interior designer to shop and create virtual vignettes using pieces from all of the showrooms on the floor.  Attendees will have the opportunity to speak with the designers who will shed light on what inspired them and why they chose the items. 

Floor Five boasts an eclectic array of showrooms to accommodate many design needs, and it is one-stop shopping for a design project from sofas to tables to occasional pieces, lighting, art and more. I was invited by Cliff Young Showroom It's an exciting year for them, since 2018 marks their 50th year anniversary in business.  Cliff Young has brought to life an extraordinary furniture collection that tastefully combines modern day sophistication with the warm, inviting feel of old world craftsmanship. The focus is to marry contemporary, clean design with luxury, comfort, and usability in a way that speaks to each and every client.
Cliff Young's Allegro Sofa
check out my Shop The Look pin board
"it's California cool meets chic, 
yet cozy urban oasis with clean-lined furniture and a layered yet edited home on a tree-lined street" 
- Tamara Stephenson 
my room board inspiration--I am moved by the sophisticated products offered on the fifth floor. The modern furniture and lighting inspire me to choose the luxurious aubergine Allegro velvet sofa at Cliff Young.  The sofa takes cues from the Art Deco movement with a glamorous recessed copper base, and geometric quilted seat back.  It's asymmetrical angle allows it to fit in an open floor plan for a modern home. This set the stage for my living room design.  I visualize the beauty and natural sophistication of raw cut amethyst, then I layered my design choices from there.  I spotted a gem-encrusted vintage pair of lamps over at Cosulich, which frames the sofa nicely.  While choosing the room's pieces, I created the plan for an expansive renovated town house living room overlooking the homeowner's courtyard in Manhattan. Although rare in the city, this family has a swimming pool in the courtyard. Starting with historic architecture but in a modern setting, I built the furniture plan from that perspective.

check out my Shop The Look board 
Hope to see you there,
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara