WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

What We Love Today Column: Fantastic Cookies at etsy shop, Holly Fox Designs


Cookies Rule 
over at 
Holly Fox Design!
The cupcake craze came to a crescendo, 
and I say cupcake "schmupcake", 
then donuts made a run for their money-- 
heck, who needs these sweets
when you can have the most beautiful and delicious cookies?  
As I planned my son's high school graduation dinner party at his favorite restaurant in New York City, I wanted it to be fun and with a bit of whimsy.  I wanted it to encapsulate a little bit about his childhood.  As a kid, Miles was an ocean-sports fanatic and took part in many activities from sailing to surfing.  And, we had a regular routine when I picked him up daily from school as a youngster-- we stopped into his favorite bakery for sugar-crusted cookies.

With this in mind, I perused the Internet for the perfect little party favors.  I came across this etsy shop-- a delightful cookie shop of wonders.  The cookies are so meticulously detailed with colorful delights that run from vibrant to pastel, and they are works of art.  It's almost a shame to eat them.

I fell in love with the Pantone color ones (maybe an idea for one of my interior design or fabric launch parties), and then the gem cut ones caught my eye (my daughter's birthday, perhaps?).  I settled on the sea horses for Miles' party, and quickly ordered them in time for his graduation today.

They arrived packed well and the baker obviously took great care with each of them as they were individually wrapped in a cellophane bag.  To my surprise they were also incredibly delicious and flaky.  This takes me to why I love etsy-- it's the most perfect community of like-minded artisans and craftspeople.  Check out some of these beauties...




Happy Nesting
XO Tamara