WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countdown to Christmas: Day 12 spruce up your vases or antique urns with some dried berries for Holiday magic

 
tall branches in large vases or urns can really create a dramatic effect, and for the season I enjoy adding dried berries -- not only do they last a long time but the punch of color is dramatic.  The tall thick branch versions are my favorite
while I love fresh quince or buds on tall branches for spring, 
they don't last as long as their dried cousin versions...
 here I am shopping and these are quite unique above. 
The ones below are faux and although cute, not my cup of tea...


I found the perfect height of berries to adorn my green antique outdoor urns which flank my mantel.  The  tall berries give the height I need with my ceilings and scream Christmas, don't you think?