WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Is emerald green the new black? Happy New Year 2013!

thoughts about the "it" color,
Emerald
what's not to love about the beauty of a rustic barn with a pop of vivid color green
Monet's Garden - at his home in Giverny, France
 emerald green is certainly not a new color and it has been used in art, interior design, fashion and appears in nature over and over again
I have always loved emerald green,
so much so that I painted my living room
the jewel tone a few years back. 
the color is dramatic, flattering yet feels light although evokes richness. 
Whenever I see emerald as a room's painted color I
am smitten...
 It is quite funny how each year we roll out a "new" color, dust it off and proclaim it to be "the" color. 
It then holds importance, and we suddenly
see the hue everywhere.

bhg.com




house beautiful 

I saw lots of green in my design travels recently
at the Pearson showroom at Highpoint Furniture Market
even a mudroom holds panache
when painted a glossy emerald
Tory Burch's home
Sometimes bright and bold colors can breath life into a home
 and green is a happy color,
so it's no surprise to me to hear people sing its praise. 
 it takes cues from the green of boxwood,
and spring grass, and of course,
the sparkling beauty of a cut stone

So, cheers to the celebration of emerald green, and let's raise a champagne toast to the color. 
I hope for luster from emerald to get us through the dull days of winter ahead.
 I like to combine blues and greens in a home. 
In nature there are lots of pairings of these two colors
where the land and water meet  
Plus, emerald is quite flattering to wear 
I love green pinterest board
It lights up my wardrobe, and just the right green (not too muddy and more on the fresh side) can add sparkle to the sea of black. 
 
Did I mention it looks good on almost everyone? 

Happy New Year 2013!
Happy Nesting XO