WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Pillow Talk: Nest by Tamara's Top 10 Outdoor Pillows for summertime

PILLOW TALK
Bring your interior design style to the great outdoors, whether to a small urban terrace or rambling acreage of farmland, or cozy beach cottage -- 
do it up in style and with reasonable prices.
In fashion the phrase "ready to wear" is all the rage, well, interior design has "Ready To Fluff" and these are ready-made cushions and pillows that are gorgeous and similar to their custom design cousins but at a more bargain price.  This past cold winter I could not wait to sit outside sipping an iced tea, maybe under a shady tree but catching some rays.  Here it is June in the east coast and time to break out into a little happy dance, don your favorite floppy hat and enjoy the weather.  Today, we have very pretty outdoor ready-made options for pillows, and these indoor/outdoor fabrics look just like their beautiful indoor pillow cousins.  
Nest by Tamara's Top 10 choices 
to spiff up  your outdoor space this summer:
1. David Hicks by Ashley Hicks from Groundworks Solarium -- this brand new collection is stunning and inspired by David Hick's iconic geometric designs where he channels his love of the garden.  Inspired from the rolling countryside of rural Oxfordshire, Hick's daughter Ashley brings back her father's favorite patterns to this outdoor pillow collection. 

2Serena & Lily offers stylish outdoor cushion options.  The California-based company keeps raising the bar on easily-accessible designs.  These
nautically-inspired patterns are some of my favorites.
 
3. World Market
offers fun, inexpensive options for outdoor living.  Maybe a summer rental in the Hamptons that needs sprucing up? Or, an urban terrace?  This elephant design caught my eye.
4. West Elm 
has amazing sales on stylish and reasonably priced pillows.  I particularly love this pebble design in the blue.  
5. Thomas Paul continues to make fun, fresh designs and this sailboat pillow would brighten any beach house or screened in porch, offered
on Burke Designs.
6. I love etsy - a treasure trove website bringing together artisans from all over the world -- check out the outdoor collections from  Trina Turk's collection in lovely combinations of blue and green.


7. Room & Board's outdoor pillows hold an "indoor" sophistication about them, but can stand up to the weather conditions. I like the mixture of pops of color with neutral tones.




8. Annie Selke's Dash & Albert indoor/outdoor collections are fun and lively.  The bright yellow daffodil pillow can compete with the summer brightness, and the anchor is ready to set sail!

9. In need of a little garden without the work?  Plow & Hearth's flower collection offers zinnias, sunflowers & dalias.
And, the winner is -- 
my choice for this summer!


10. Last but not least, in unexpected places and I love these stylish pillows at Lamps Plus.  In the mood for a little tangerine, bright golden yellow or teal blue in geometric patterns?  I am ordering the golden coral pillow to add to my navy and blue pillow outdoor fabric collection by the pool and under the pergola this summer.

I change my pillows regularly to keep the outdoor space fresh in East Hampton!

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara