WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

HOTEL REVIEW POST: A Fabulous Hotel in the Heart of the Left Bank of Paris!



HOTEL REVIEW

is nestled in the historic and swanky
 Left Bank of Paris near the Saint Germain district, also known as the Latin Quarter.
view of the fashionable room I stayed in
at the Hotel Des Grands Hommes!
The hotel is situated just steps across the 
cobblestone street from the famous and historic Pantheon which was built by architect Jacques-Germain Soufflot. The Pantheon's foundation was laid in 1758, and today it is an important architectural structure representing Neoclassic design in Paris.  
 
While visiting the world's most premiere design trade show, Maison & Objet in Paris, I stayed at the hotel.  Please note Maison & Objet sponsored my trip to Paris.  In case you missed my stories about Maison Objet, check out my Top Design Trends post and see my online photograph journal about my experiences while in Paris.  From booking this lovely hotel to arranging my flights, travel agent Patricia Daury of Premier Vacations took care of my trip.  I had no idea what to expect but the three star hotel exceeded my ideas about, and love for, a boutique hotel experience.

There are a plethora of quality hotels to stay while in Paris, but my favorites are often the not so well known ones, small hotels where one is treated almost like a visitor in a quaint and warm home.  The Hotel Des Grands Hommes is the quintessential boutique hotel experience, and the rooms are adorned with Pierre Frey fabric, and it is a decorator's dream hotel packed with style and quality.  Located across a cobblestone street from the Paris' Pantheon this hotel is walking distance to many beautiful sites in the city, yet it is positioned in a quiet spot. It is a XVIIIth century hotel with the conveniences of modern comfort, a delicious breakfast served each morning, WIFI readily available and a stocked bar in the evenings if you are up for a night cap.  The hotel staff was accommodating.  We were stranded an extra day due to a snowstorm back home, but without missing a beat, the front desk kept us in our room and even lowered our daily rate.  The gentleman on the evening desk printed out our new boarding passes and had them waiting when we returned from our day in Paris, and all with a warm smile. 
Take a look at other cozy rooms in the hotel, and all are outfitted with beautiful wallpaper, antiques, comfortable beds, new and renovated bathrooms and built in mirrored closets. I would recommend the Hotel Des Hommes the next time you visit Paris!

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara