WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

What We Love Today--- Straight from ICFF Design Trade Show in NYC, The Halo Light

WHAT WE LOVE TODAY:
Spotted at ICFF 2018 
in New York City--
The Halo Light From 
Kjartan Oskarsson Studio

As usual the annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair (known as ICFF) keeps us on our design toes, showing the finest and most cutting edge design hailing from all over the world.  To me, the most interesting light this year was the award winning Halo light created by Icelandic designer, Kjartan Oskarsson who engineered the light with interactive techniques to connect the user and object.  The light is created with two wooden disks. A simple pull on the leather strap allows the user control-- by pulling on the right side to turn the light on, pull further the light increases-- pull left and it dims and even more, it turns off. The light has a clean, modern aesthetic unencumbered with manual switches and dimmer controls. 


For more information, reach out info@kjartanoskarsson.com 

Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara