WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Summer styling with artistically designed tiles by MollyCoddle


 This week let's giveaway a
fun, decorative tile
from Mollycoddle in Michigan!

Entrepreneur Molly Mackey (Mollycoddle)  produces a line of French and Italian tiles that can function as a trivet. They are beautiful and made in the glorious USA. 

Here's an opportunity to win a beautiful hand painted tile inspired by photography for your summer entertaining this year. 
Simply leave a comment on Nest by clicking the dandelion above and suggest to me a creative way to use my MollyCoddle lemon adorned tile this summer and you may win a tile for your summer fun! 

First, come along on a journey of design inspirations for a moment: 

It's that time of year, when we all start to focus on nature...   


 let me just throw up some random summer things I like:  Thistle

 walking on the beach
photographs by Gabby Stephenson
flowers from the farmer's market in Sag Harbor
fruits, vegetables and of course my favorite of all, lemons

Ever since I spent a beautiful honeymoon (19 years ago today) with my hubby on the island of Capri, Italy and the Amalfi Coast, I have been literally obsessed with lemons and images of lemons in art.  I know this seems random but everywhere you go in this other worldy place on earth, lemons infuse.  I will never forget one evening in particular walking up a hill to a beautiful outdoor restaurant.  We sat under a pergola covered with lemons perfuming the air.  This memory stays with me and whenever I think of Italy,  lemons come to my mind. 
I was pleasantly surprised on an April gloomy day when a package arrived with an exquisite lemon tile as a gift from MollyCoddle, and all the way from Michigan. 
Molly creates these unique tiles, which are inspired by photographs from nature.  To my wonder they seem to capture all my favorite summer images-lavender fields in Provence, flowers in outdoor markets, potted hydrangeas and lemons everywhere!




What a treat when I received this lovely gift: 
a handwritten note and two tiles. 

How did she know I love lemons?  



pink hydrangea

 I've got some great ways to use my new tiles.

As a trivet for a summer picnic perhaps? 

A centerpiece on my table under the pergola. 

Hang them next to my other lemon pieces of art? 

What's a girl to do with so many choices -
why don't you leave me a comment and suggest how I can incorporate them into my summer decorating and entertaining plans? 


hydrangeas, tulips, citrus, Parisian markets, meadows and pastoral scenes -- it seems MollyCoddle tiles have an inspiring tile for all our favorite images --
check out the array of tiles to choose from on Mollycoddle website

In one week I'll randomly choose a name from those of you who have commented
 MollyCoddle
will send along your very own tile. 

Thank You
MollyCoddle
and to all my viewers --
I hope you win a lemon tile for summer. 
Good Luck!

MollyCoddle Lemon (Limone from Italy)
want your very own lemon time, you can order here

Thanks for stopping
by this June
for views and ideas
on summer decorating & entertaining.

July is a
look at some of my
talented friends
in the design industry