WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countdown to Christmas: Day 20 - a perfect holiday gift for the baker in your life - Sarabeth's Bakery by Sarabeth Levine

With five days left until Christmas,
may I suggest picking up this detailed cookbook for the baker in your life?


This year Miles and I baked 6 dozen cookies for our neighborhood cookie trading party.  After contemplating a variety of cookie recipes, we decided to try a batch from Sarabeth Levine's new cookbook, Sarabeth Bakery. Sarabeth is the very famous owner and chef of Sarabeth's Kitchen, which is our NYC neighborhood staple for scones, afternoon tea and many delicious delights.  We whipped up Sarabeth's famous Chocolate Chubbies, which called for rich, dark chocolate and lots of nuts.  Miles patiently stirred the melting chocolate for me...


Sarbath's Bakery is the quintessential guide for sophisticated bakers. These are not quick and easy recipes, but for the talented baker in your life, this is a must read. I met Sarabeth Levine this summer at the Taste of the Hamptons hosted by Dan's Papers magazine when I wrote a story about the event. I nabbed myself a signed copy of this cookbook
I took this photo of Sarabeth at this summer's Taste of the Hamptons
in Bridgehampton
and picked up a signed copy of her book