WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Countown to Christmas: Day 10 - entertain with ease by offering guests a fresh batch of a special cocktail, perhaps Bellinis?



This season while hosting your holiday soiree offer up a signature cocktail.  This one little offering helps to set a festive tone and you also spend less time at the bar preparing individual drinks.  You win points for being a stylish and organized hostess. 

Perhaps a small batch of Bellinis for incoming guests?

Almost 20 years ago when I first moved to New York City, my good friend Jan and I went to Cipriani restaurant during the Christmas season.  As we approached the bar the waiter convinced us to try one of their famous Bellini cocktails.  To this day, the Bellini is one of my very favorite Holiday drinks, and it is delicious.  I marvel at how easy it is to whip up a few of these for arriving guests when I'm throwing a small gathering. 

The original Cipriani (Harry's Bar) opened during the 1930s in Venice, Italy and bartender Guiseppe Cipriani first created the Bellini.  Harry's is one of the most famous restaurants in the world, and back in the day legendary figures like Ernest Hemingway  would stop in for this delicious cocktail. The story is told that the pink glow eminating from one of their paintings inspired the rosy-colored concoction. 


photograph http://marthastewart.com/

What's in a Bellini?  
Simply put:  Italian sparkling wine  (prosecco) and white peach puree.

go on....make one for you and your guests this season!