WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

My close up views of Kips Bay Showhouse 2012 while at Blogfest in New York City


Susan Zises Green's living room up close at
The Kips Bay Showhouse
at

the Aldyn
60 Riverside Boulevard in
New York City

until June 14
cute waiters, delicious bites, champagne and 
a house filled with gorgeous design,
what's not to love about
Blogfest's version of
Kips Bay Showhouse 2012?
 This year's Kips Bay feels quite different from recent past years where many of the historic homes had quirky character.  The 2012 showhouse is organized at the brand new stylish Aldyn, which enabled the designers' a blank slate white box canvas, and with exquisite views and lots of light to boot.  
up close and personal with this hot tamale of a hallway - designer Bryant Keller utilized this classic flying zebra wallpaper from Scalamandre to give instant Wow factor! 
This is  truly a designer's dream allowing  to shape and mold the spaces to a fantasy liking.  But with all the great coverage out there I decided to give you my up close and personal views.  I was fortunate to have some of the designers pose for me in their spaces.  Here are some of my favorite corners and perspectives.  Thank you to Kravet fabric who brought us into the showhouse for our very own blogger exclusive viewing.  Come take a look...
 these blue and green punchy fabric combination screams summer by the pool in Scott Sanders Cabana room - I got a shot of him cozied up on the sofa.  I love this sofa fabric from Scalamandre, and a vintage collection newly released.  
Alexander Doherty's room captivates, with interesting, rich art 
and this lacquered red chest.   The daybed, the throw and the chinoiserie lacquered side table all work well together.


Even with the throngs of bloggers enthusiastically eating up the place, I managed to steal a few moments with Jamie Drake in his room and get a read on his space. 


He talked about his love for books - this bookcase says it all!  
 As usual Jamie brings together color palettes in unexpected ways that make you want to keep exploring.

 When popping over to Susan Zises Green's living room, I was blown away with 
"the pretty".  
While at Blogfest we heard from Hearst Magazine's various editors,  
and one of the sentiments imparted was "bring us pretty"
Susan brings the pretty packaged together with fine detailing.
 Susan's room was my favorite.  A lived in feeling complete with patina, layered soft hues, interesting accessories, beautiful fabrics and a mix of antiques and modern pieces, Susan dishes it up with sophistication. 




this rug is amazing

I captured designer Chuck Fisher in his pretty painted room.  In addition to designing, Chuck paints and writes, and has a collection of best-selling books and even a collection of China and crystal for Lenox

 to meet the personable raji radhakrishnan is crucial to appreciate her designs.  She is warm and inviting and took the extra time to explain her interiors.  I love the large mural wallpapers, which are signature statement pieces often found in many of her interiors. I am still thinking about her sheer flat romans, but darn it my photo didn't turn out.



now come see some musings, small snapshots of what I liked...

good things come in threes - loving the blue and fresh green combination of these flowers and bowls. The colors of this year's showhouse were impressive and often bold


\
this combination has a fashion sensibility

this Missoni fabric is incredible and a compilation of small beads of fabric
 Coffinier Ku bedroom was a dream, 
with Missoni fabric throughout



who doesn't love a colorful houndstooth.
Thomas Filicia designed this fabric, called Manlius Teal from Kravet
 Alexa Hampton's bedroom was draped in luxurious fabric


Well that's my take,
and
remember the devil is in the detail 
with good interior design