WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

glimpses of the Southampton Garden Club's annual flower show

Best in Show 
a visit to this year's Southampton Garden Club's 
annual flower show
This year's event was jam-packed with people 
who love flowers and horticulture.   



The theme this year was 
“Reflections On Artistic Legends” 
with three distinct sections on display:
photography of flowers and foliage
horticultural displays: taken from member's garden speciments
and 
 flower arranging, which was broken into various groups.
“Still Life,” 
“Primary Colors,” 
“Optical Illusions,” and 
"Images of the South Pacific.”
Great nineteenth century artists influenced by botanical art was the inspiration




 Cindy Willis was awarded the
first prize winner for the South Pacific section.  
I chatted with Cindy about the creative way she arranged these vibrant purple Vanda orchids 
set in water spiraling out of the tubular-shaped vases.  
They were stunning!
In the horticultural display there were many beautiful specimens of various rose, hydrangea, and other local flowers from member's gardens. In was a curio cabinet selection of beauty!




  







This garden exhibit brought back memories of my mother's gardens.  
She was a "Master Gardner" with a passion for all of it, 
and with a postively green thumb talent to match.  

Views from my mother's garden overlooking the sea in Gloucester...