WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

For summer decorating take a look at the soft hues of the Naturals Collection by Robert Allen fabrics


Are you decorating this summer?
Robert Allen's
newly released line called the
is quite
an impressive group of fabrics.  
Color being the mainstay behind Robert Allen fabrics, these are subtle yet packed with hue.  To me, they are a perfect summer collection with various tones of blue, brown, cream - from indigo to navy to pale blue which all seem to hold an aged patina.
Texture seems equally important in this line, and I love the combination
these boards were designed by Robert Allen designers to show the inspiration for the line

 visit Robert Allen's Facebook page for various colors and designs


the fabrics works well for a home near the ocean
with their soft palette -
don't you think?
the softness and hues reminds me of this recent paint schedule I chose
for a New York City client:
neutral, soft tones of blue, green, yellow, grey and tan
Georgica Beach in East Hampton:  photograph courtesy of Gabby Stephenson

collection of antique plates spotted at Brimfield Antique show






 Happy summer decorating!

please note:
Tamara has not been paid for this editorial
nor any story ever written on Nest by Tamara