WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Day 3: More Highlights from the Hampton Designer Showhouse with Serena and Lily fabrics


Why I love this fabulous guest room 
by Tammy Connor:  
Day 3 sneak peek at 
the Hampton Designers Showhouse 
in Watermill, Long Island
Tammy Connor's guest bedroom 
appointed with Serena & Lily bed linens and fabrics
I popped in two days ago before the rain but in the midst of construction to check out the designer showhouse.  The showhouse is open now until Labor Day, and I would like to give you a glimpse of one of my favorite rooms at the house, 
Tammy Connor's guest bedroom.

crisp linens from Serena and Lily
a cute bedside table and a campaign style dresser 
this guest bedroom embodies an old world charm, reminding me of a stylish cabin in Maine perhaps or possibly a visit to a preppy family retreat in Nantucket.  


 Tammy Connor designed a quaint bedroom with an eclectic mix of furniture and fabrics.  To me, it is one of the most authentic rooms in the house.  I appreciate the smaller spaces in some of the bedrooms of this home, and Tammy created a cozy nook.  An extra bedroom with two twin size beds works very well for a weekend home to accommodate an overflow of guests.  I like it when designers consider the space planning and think hard about how the room will be used, not only the aesthetics when designing a showhouse space.  An important aspect to the Hampton's lifestyle is about entertaining in our home, and anyone who lives here knows once Memorial Day hits the calendar is quickly filled with out of town family and friends coming to visit. I like it that this room feels like you are on vacation.  The stacked reading books, interesting and quirky accessories and butterflies under glass suggest to slow down and "nest".
  The vintage-looking bureau, 
striped wallpaper and styled vignettes 
are creatively put together.  Hailing from Birmingham, Alabama, Tammy 
infuses a sense of casual southern charm into her space.  

Happy Nesting

XO Tamara