WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Favorite Wallpapers as we approach Fall Market Finds NYC's D&D building

This week I'll be ensconced at all
the fabulous design events offered up at 
Fall Market at the D&D Building in NYC.  
NYC's Fall Market is this 
Wednesday October 10 & Thursday October 11 
follow my editorials as I report on all the design goodness --
It's one of my very favorite design events of the year, and after a sleepy summer NYC perks up with an onslaught of design.  For two fun-filled days designers, industry companies, architects and shelter magazines meet at the illustrious building where it all happens.  The D&D building is chock-filled with showrooms from antiques to furniture to fabrics, wallpaper and rugs.  It's one stop shopping for designers in the NYC metropolitan area. 
See the full schedule of events here offered.  
I am fortunate to have been invited again this year to blog about all of it here on Nest.  
I'll be given VIP seats at the events so I can report back on all of it.  Please check back for highlights and my takeaways. 

With Fall Market and the D&D building on my mind, this week I'm focusing on one my favorite design elements, wallpaper.  I love how wallpaper transforms a space in an interior and sometimes I recommend using wallpaper in the smallest of spaces; such as a powder room, entry hall or even a closet.  
Let's talk wallpaper this week!
It wakes up the space defining it from the surrounding areas in a way that can be quite dramatic.  I have loved using wallpaper for many years, however, many selections offered up these days are detailed and manage to merge both traditional and modern sensibilities.  Check out some of my favorites, many of which can be found in the D&D showrooms:
Farrow & Ball (yup the paint company makes wallpaper too) Lotus
Thibault's Lisbon
Thibault's Kirkos
Thibault's Cordelia
Hinson's Madagascar Cloth
it's vinyl backed and I have used it in bathrooms quite a bit
Cole & Son's dramatic forest paper 
Quadrille's Trellis was recently featured in House Beautiful magazine

Cowtan & Tout carries many wallpaper collections
Manuel Canovas  is represented at the
 D&D building in Cowtan & Tout's showroom 
offers beautiful and dramatic colors 
Quadrille's Lyford Trellis featured in Coast Home magazine
shows the subtle yet dramatic transformation when using wallpaper.

Happy Nesting XO