WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Lisa Kahn's new furniture collection for Chelsea House

Traditional 
with a 
Twist
house and garden, nesting, nest by tamara, new york city, interior design,
I recently met Florida interior designer 
Lisa Kahn at Highpoint furniture market, 
and she gave me a tour of her new furniture and accessory collection for 
Chelsea House. 
from book ends, mirrors and lamps to tables and art 
Lisa created an extensive collection for Chelsea House
 
Lisa's new line is traditional yet fresh and infused with a beautiful color story.  I immediately noted the pretty color palette of soft hues, including blue and green combinations with floral and bird motifs, quatrefoils and gilt wood 
in many of her pieces for the 40 year old furniture manufacturer.   

Lisa has long loved Chelsea House's timeless elegance and attention to detailing.  
nesting, interior design, nest by tamara, tabletop, cooking, house and garden
Tole cachepots are reminiscent of antique designs but created 
in over-sized proportions 
and in muted colors gives a slightly different bent 
to an old world tradition
from the glass cocktail table to the floor lamps 
she used many finishes, colors and patterns 





I appreciate the extensive collection 
of lamps in ginger jars and urns.

Thank you Lisa for taking the time during your busy week to show
me around the gorgeous Chelsea House showroom, 
and giving me a glimpse of your new collection!

please stop back next week for more design goodness
Happy Nesting XO