WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

My Salute To Summer profiled in Traditional Home magazine's Great Kitchens


I have exciting news: 
 I am happy to report I have been featured in Traditional Home's online issue called, GREAT KITCHENS.  The special edition is chock-filled with design inspiration.  The magazine chose 14 design bloggers to ask our advice on topics ranging from kitchen design to entertaining ideas.  Ann Maine's editor's note in the issue wholeheartedly embraces the kitchen as the center of the home.  Going with this idea, the magazine rings praise for the favored room in the home.  Check out all the informative editorials offering glimpses of special kitchens, plus a fabulous entertaining section which outlines and offers creative ideas, tips and sources to help us jump into the next season.  My story is all about my love of summer, which is my favorite season of the year.  Traditional Home's editorial team chose my Fourth of July party we organized at our beach cottage in East Hampton, Long Island.  In the summer, we have the opportunity to take the fun and relaxed elegance of entertaining from our kitchens and extend it to the outside.  My dinner party under the pergola shows ways to host a Fourth of July party with a relaxed approach, yet packed with style and all the while creating delicious food.  

Come take a look at a couple of the images in the feature, but read the magazine for an interactive experience and the full story where each photograph links to my recipes and shopping sources.  The other bloggers created some very imaginative editorials, so I hope you find time during this holiday weekend to take it all in, and maybe you will be relaxing by the pool if the rain lets up.



Salute To Summer
is featured on  pages 64-68 
http://traditionalhome.com/GreatKitchens/
check out my husband Randal's grilled clam recipe in the story.  It is no secret I adore East Hampton and the surrounding areas in Eastern Long Island. Mixed in with the glitzy party scene, there is a simple life still simmering with farms and local farm stands, fields of strawberries and sunflowers and sleepy bay areas with birds and wineries. That is the Hamptons I love and relish.  I hope you have a great start to summer and try one of my recipes to kick off your season!
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara