WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Collection O by Studio Putman for THG-Paris has me dreaming of glamorous bathroom designs this Fall!

THG’s gorgeous Collection O transforms 
my idea of luxury bathroom design

       One look at my Hotel Chic Pinterest board illustrates my love for the finer aspects of life. Whether sampling a classic hotel tea service served on a silver tray or basking in a bubble bath in a well-appointed luxurious bath tub with jewel-like fittings, it is wonderfully decadent to stay in a five star hotel where a premium has been placed on attention to the finest details. These are moments when we can experience our utmost fantasy and ideal design.  The times I have splurged on a stay in a luxury hotel, I return home freshly inspired with new ideas for my interior design projects. 
Parisian views from Hotel Four Season George V via
Old World attention to detail at Hotel Crillion, Paris via

This reminds me of a recent opportunity I had to view up close the beautiful Collection O by Studio Putman from THG-Paris, an array of bathroom fittings wonderfully crafted for bathroom basins, bathtubs and various accessories. Collection O is a partnership of luxury bath atelier THG-Paris and Christofle, a leader in French silver and decorative arts. Collection O is inspired by the Vertigo collection designed by Andrée Putman for Christofle in 2002, which has been used successfully in tableware, home and jewelry collections.  Christofle has a long history and since 1830, they have been creating elegant designs in jewelry, tableware and home accents.  This new collaboration pairs THG’s commitment to quality French design with Putman’s vision to create a stunning collection.  Newly revamped, THG-Paris translated the iconic ring to create a gorgeous sculptural design unlike any other bath fitting. In a timeless and sensual curved shape, the rings are neither truly round or oblong, twisting at the bottom. Reflecting the movement of water, this aesthetic works seamlessly in both contemporary and traditional interiors, and embodies my idea of luxury design.  Collection O is available in polished chrome, matte nickel, polished nickel, silver rhodium and gold finishes. 

THG's Collection O profiled at the recent ICFF show in NYC
I long to add one of these gorgeous bathroom fixtures 
to an upcoming design project, 
so stay tuned!
THG USA


 
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara 

note:  THG-Paris sponsored the makings of this post