WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

A weekend Round-up of my favorite lights and mirrors from Arteriors Home's new collection.

the dramatic Dialo light is awe-inspiring, 
don't you think?

 Ooh lala
hot off the press from 
Arteriors Home
My spring picks from their new 
lighting and mirror collections.  
These items would be perfect pieces 
to add to a dining room!
 the Dot light is fresh

My dining room for this April's 
Design On A Dime is shaping up nicely 
thanks to some generous sponsors, 
Arteriors included.  
What I love about Arteriors in particular 
is how most of their wares have a unique aesthetic.  Many pieces have a classic base, but a modern twist on the traditional version. 

The Cassidy is casual and artsy and in an all neutral dining room, would look divine!
Because most urban dining rooms are small, when decorating for this particular room, mirrors and lighting can literally transform the space.  Mirrors are not only decorative, but can make a room appear larger.  Lighting, well, lighting is one of the most important fundamental elements in design but in addition to the light they cast the style, shape, color and design sets the tone for the aesthetic.  
Check out what is on my radar from Arteriors' new collection for dining room design:
the Maxim is classic, sleek and feels modern.  
The sconces seem to shimmer!

The Newman and The Hamlin both seem to be 
channeling indigo, tie-dye, faded denim and beach glass with a boho feel, and I think they would look perfect on a beach house commode.
The Tonc is quite different, yet classic, and the finish is exquisite and creamy.  I see this as an elegant addition to a classic, sleek dining room.
I love the Waverly and the ribbing combined with how the inside peeks gold makes for an artistic statement. A couple of these over a wet bar perhaps?
And, 
tallying up new Arterior mirrors also 
made my spring wish list:

Spode is a dramatic piece, and in either the gold or white finish the texture makes you want to reach out and touch those lil' spokes.  How cool would this look lengthwise over a long dining table?

Zuma is
light and sculptural in feel and hung against a small patterned wallpaper would look striking.

Galaxy is
a modern take on the traditional starburst
mirror that has been in fashion for quite some time

The Greer is one of my favorites, and I chose it for my dining room at Design On A Dime.  I like that it feels vintage, has a patina on the little convex mirror part, but the ribbing in a silver/gold color combining is dramatic.  Look for this mirror over a console table in my room.  
Arteriors also donated the Connaught bar cart in a gold finish and the nautically-inspired Home Judd Cloche for my dining table -- 
I'd be overjoyed if you joined us and nab these pieces for a bargain!  
 The Home Judd Cloche
You can pick up tickets to the evening gala/shopping extravaganza here.  On April 24 there will be live music, over 60 rooms to view, then shop in, and, of course, sipping fun cocktails while catching up with your favorite designer friends!

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara