WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Spring has sprung and let's show a little tabletop love from VIYET, Alessandra Branca, Mecox Gardens, Duralee fabric, Thos. Moser & More

let's get this 
spring started! 
It's been a cold one this winter, 
and can't you just smell the flowers budding?  
As I plan to set my table at 
Design On A Dime
let me share just some of the love that went 
into my tabletop creations
 for the upcoming April 24 event here in NYC.
Won't you join us for the extravaganza?  
Tickets sold here.  
 There will be live music, cocktails and lots of items on sale from 50-70% of retail.  
Over 60 interior designers will create room vignettes prepared showcasing beautiful wares for sale and all for a great charitable cause, and I'm just one of them.  
Take a look at some sneak peeks of items that will be in my room...
an antique Dutch plate 
unique vintage oversized jars channeling beach glass, thanks to the swanky new online shopping source, VIYET.  These gorgeous green glass jars once owned by interior designer James Huniford who stylized them at the infamous Manhattan House.
interior designer Alessandra Branca sells unique tabletop pieces, and she gifted these lovely hand blown amber-colored glasses in two different sizes.  

Thos. Moser EDO table 60" round, Walnut finish
Speaking of tabletop, this is the glorious table that will be in my room.  It's an American-made hand crafted art piece by Maine company Thos. Moser.  The EDO table has strong, straight lines with Japanese and Frank Lloyd Wright influences with the Maine company's yankee seaside, Americana flavoring, and all perfectly suited for my nautically inspired room channeling the wonders of nature...
Six of these lovely Madeleine chairs by Restoration Hardware will surround the table.  I love to look of contrasting finishes when combining tables and chairs.  These lovely, typical French bistro-esque chairs in a white finish from Restoration Hardware will help to illuminate the space.  
I made these fun menu cards, and won't you join us for a French seafood lunch? 
(well, not really a lunch but in my imagination this menu will be served)
Mecox Gardens got in on the philanthropy, and offered me a pair of these curvy top, beautiful side chairs -- my friend Michael Tavano of Marks and Tavano Upholstery is covering them in a natural linen with a vivid Hermes-orange piping, while painting the legs a very nautical navy blue.  These gorgeous pillows will sit upon the chairs.
I paired a medley of new fabric collections from Duralee (a pairing of Tilton Fenwick and Duralee) with a plain summer searsucker and then donned the top with a pretty little seashell for decoration

 6 pretty cotton napkins in a pretty green coral pattern were generously donated and created by Maureen Klein workroom (maureen created over 14 different pillows and the napkins for my room).  The fabric is another one of Tilton Fenwick/Duralee's new collection
I even pulled out a the gold spray paint can to add a little sparkle to some seashells...you'll have to stop by and see it for yourself.  There will be more sneak peeks of my room at Design On A Dime soon.  For more sources and glimpses, check out my 
Design on A Dime board

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara