WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Head into the holiday season prepared with stellar tabletop designs from Kim Seybert

Rejoice, 
Break Bread & Set A Gorgeous and Creative Table, 
The Holidays Are Upon Us!
Some Of My Recent Holiday Tables...
Kim Seybert's Retro Place mats (above)
on my table for Art Of The Table
Flawless Foundation gala at the historic Burden Mansion
Seaside holiday table for 
Housingwork's Design On A Dime in New York City, 2014
Thanksgiving feasts over the years
We cover the subject of entertaining on the blog often, and strive to show creative ways to pull together simple, yet elegant and whimsical events in your home.  Sometimes these parties are elaborate and all the details need to be in place, while other times we keep it casual and eat with our guests in the kitchen for a homey feel.  Either way, we love to entertain in style, but with ease.  These next few months leading up to the New Year holiday are jam-packed with what often feels like back-to-back galas ringing in the season's celebrations.  I hope we can help by offering tips and great sources to get you through the season in style.  The trends I spotted while at Highpoint Furniture Market a few weeks ago showed lots of sparkling metals and often mixed with something natural and even retro.  I love this juxtaposition and this Retro Glam look (I just coined that phrase) can be seen everywhere from the runway to furniture and even making a debut on our dinner tables.  

Kim Seybert raises the bar on offering up gorgeous tabletop wares this season, and her newest pieces are stunning!  Check out some of her latest and greatest, and some have already graced my table at Art of The Table in Bilotta kitchen this month, while others are topping my "must have" list for Thanksgiving and Christmas 2014. 
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara
 Crackle
This new collection of glassware comes in gold (made with real flecks of gold!) and platinum, with a decadent crackling gold and silver finish.  Launched this season, the collection was inspired by vintage bar ware Kim found on a trip abroad.  It has been newly reinterpreted by our Eastern European glass masters. 


 The Retro Place mat 
is inspired by mid-century décor and materials including furniture, clocks and mirror.  The hand-made process and use of real wood to accentuate the beauty of the wood grains also means that no two pieces are the same.
  The sparkly Trevi collection
is a must for my Christmas table this year

Jaipur would look fabulous on a sophisticated 
New Years Table
 These Lucite and Stone napkin rings 
look good enough to nibble!
A fabulous Black Watch Tartan makes my holiday list!
So, my motto for the holidays is 
Keep Calm 
and Set a Festive Table,
with a little help from Kim Seybert!
Kim Seybert's Retro napkin rings on my 
kitchen island at Bilotta Kitchen for Art of The Table