WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

On the Road With Modenus' Blogtour to Ambiente, a premiere tabletop show in Frankfurt, Germany

Ambiente photograph & story 
via Furniture News magazines.
The Ambiente Tabletop Show 
in Frankfurt, Germany 
streets of London, Blogtour in 2011
hanging on the canals; 
Blogtour in Venice 2013
 At the Duomo, 
Blogtour in Milan 2013
 spotting design at Highpoint 2014
Traveling to events and trade shows is one of the perks of the writer's job which helps readers keep their finger on the pulse of fresh, innovative design and lifestyle products.  This is a busy month for me, and I am in Paris at Maison & Objet.  It's a dream come true to be able to  take in all the trends, new products while  socializing in Paris with many of my most treasured friends.   Please read my musings on Instagram and Twitter using hashtag #MaisonObjet, as well as the posts here next week journaling my trip where I'll outline my favorite finds!   
as anyone who knows me will attest, I love to set a beautiful table and host guests for a festive dinner.  Some have called me the Tabletop Queenso Ambiente may very well be the design show for me. 

In two week I'll be European bound again, and this time I've been invited by Modenus to be part of their latest collaboration with the Ambiente show in Frankfurt, Germany.  The show is February 13-17 with over 4,700 exhibitors exhibiting and hailing from over 90 countries.  Ambiente is a leading international trade show for the table, kitchen, home furnishing and accessories, gifts, jewelry, wellness and fashion.    This will be my fourth trip with Veronika Miller, and Blogtour is her baby, where she organizes sponsored trips pulling a dozen or so design and lifestyle bloggers together to attend events around the world.  Veronika has built this incredible empire straight from her imagination and astonishingly during the downturn of the market.  Today, with the help of her talented team (including her three lovely daughters) blogtour is a force to be reckoned with.  I feel grateful to be part of the blogtour family, and to continue to be included in one of the most amazing ventures that has come out of the design blogging world.  This new partnership with Ambiente will most certainly raise the profile of this tabletop show and judging from their video, it offers artistic and new wares we may have not otherwise seen.  I have no doubt it will be a wonderful experience, and I am certain it will also add to the repertoire of incredible brands and products I've been exposed to these past eight years.  
check out the Ambiente video
One of Blogtour's genius is the gift the team has of inviting a group that works well together, a lovely tonic of big personalities, smart and talented folks, all fantastic writers and with unique outlooks.  Here are the fifteen designer and lifestyle bloggers I'll be traveling with to Germany.
(left) Lisa Mende of Lisa Mende Design            
(right) Jennifer Mehditash of  Dec-a-Porter 
(left) Julia Buckingham of Buckingham Interiors + Design LLC
(right) Kerrie Kelly of Kerrie Kelly Design Lab 
 (left)) Stacey Bewkes of Quintessence 
(right) Margot Austin of houseandhome.com
(left) Courtney Price of Courtney Price Design 
(right) Robin Plaskoff Horton of Urban Gardens 
 (left) Susan Brinson of House of Brinson 
(right) Ronique Gibson of Stagetecture.com 
(left) Paolo Thomas of  mirrormirror 
 (right) Denise McGaha of Denise McGaha Interiors
(left) Carmen Maria Natschke of The Decorating Diva 
(right) Jeffrey Johnson of Jeffrey Design LLC 
We leave on February 12, so please stop back to read our posts and see what we covered while in Germany.  follow us at #blogtourAmbiente
on Twitter & Instagram,
and follow Ambiente on Twitter too.
Happy Nesting 
XO Tamara