WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

What's Happening in the Hamptons this weekend? The East Hampton Antique Show at the historic Mulford Farm is back!

The Hunt for Antiques Continues...
This weekend is the annual East Hampton Antique Show 
situated on the historic Mulford Farm and
promising a bevy of gorgeous wares!
I've visited and written about this show for many years 
and it remains one of my favorite antique fairs in the area, 
and all offered in a pretty package...

This Friday on July 17 from 6-8:30 pm you’ll find me perusing the fields at Mulford Farm in East Hampton, hopefully sipping a glass of wine and taking in the gorgeous antiques.  Since Friday night is the celebratory kick-off Cocktail Party ringing in the weekend's festivities, there will be live music by Jane Hastay and Peter Martin Weiss and catered by Brent Newsom. Tickets for the Friday night cocktail party start at $150 per person, and Junior Tickets (age 40 and under) are $100 which includes visits throughout the weekend to the show. This year, interior designer and writer David Netto is the Honorary Chairperson for the private celebration Friday evening where guests enjoy early buying in a relaxed setting, and all to benefit the East Hampton Historical Society.  The bucolic farm is situated right in front of the duck pond on 3 1/2 acres with a restored 17th century farmhouse and several barns and outbuildings and is listed among the oldest in Long Island. 

The show opens to the public on Saturday and Sunday at 10 James Lane in East Hampton amidst the historic grounds at Mulford Farm for the ninth annual event. Admission to the show costs $10. With early buying at $20.  Show hours are from 10am-6pm on Saturday, July 18 and 10am-5pm on Sunday. There are over 50 antique shops and art dealers participating, each booth located in billowy white tents spread throughout the expansive property.  For more information call 631-324-6850, email at info@easthamptonhistory.org, or purchase tickets on-line at www.easthamptonhistory.org
 Take a look below at what I am on the hunt for this summer, and I hope you'll stop back to see what I found this year!

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara

list of items I'm hunting for this summer
a set of butterfly and botanical prints similar to these I spotted last January at the Marche Aux Puces
otherwise known as the Paris Flea Market
pieces of Blue Willow to add to my 
ever-growing collection
a bench or chair with spindled legs like this one I found at the 
Mulford Farm three years ago
unique antique illustrations or prints - 
either botanical, decorative arts or fashion
 just about anything with a windmill on it like this 
blue and white plate I picked up on etsy for a song!