WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

My Adventures With Antiques: From the Hamptons to Washington DC, a New Find-- Cote Jardin Antiques in Georgetown

add "Antiques Diva" to my resume...

the skinny on me leading upcoming 

Hamptons' Antique Tours, 

Plus, a bonus antique share from DC-- 

Côté Jardin in Georgetown

  Join us Thursday/Friday July 20 & 21, 2017 
as we embark on a 2-day antique and lifestyle tour, 
a design insider's view of the  Hamptons.
book the tour here
About the tour:
Before I dive in about my latest source share, I'd like to make a special announcement on the subject of antiques--I will be leading an antique and designer lifestyle tour in the Hamptons this summer.  If you are unfamiliar with the "Hamptons" it is a stretch of land that dots the coastline in eastern long island, and ends with the tip of the island, Montauk. There is a great amount of design history in this beach community, and I am happy to share my life-long love of my home in the East End.  This will become an annual tour every July, with this year's first tour on Thursday and Friday, July 20 & 21.  It is exciting to be working with my great, talented friend Toma Clark Haines owner of the Antiques Diva on this.  Toma has quickly rose up the ranks in the antiques business to become the world's largest antiques buying service in Europe. She is well known in the interior design industry and has helped many designers and design aficionados hunt down and bring back wares from the European antique shows, filling containers with unique and stellar finds is Toma's successful business.  
left: toma clark haines
with Toma in the Americans In Paris party
scoping out finds, the East Hampton Antiques Show
stop back next week for more details about 
the East Hamptons Antiques Show 
which is set annually on the bucolic, historic Mulford Farm

Due to many requests by her patrons, Toma is expanding her antique buying services from the European markets to the United States.  I have had the honor of traveling with Toma on several Diva tours, including Paris, Milan, Parma, Venice and more.  Along with a handful of other designers, she has invited me to host an American tour, so I am now a DIVA!  This is exciting since I have lived on Long Island my entire life, and it will give me the opportunity to share my passion and knowledge about antiques and the history of the area by leading an annual two-day antique and design tour in the East End of Long Island during the throes of summer. Additionally, through the Antiques Diva service, I am also available for private one day tours in the Hamptons as well.  

As many of you know I love antiques, my father was an antique dealer when I was growing up and my mother was an avid collector.  I have spent my life around antiques and the markets, and it makes sense that I almost always surround my homes and the homes of my clients with beautiful handmade wares from the past.  Whenever I travel, I try to hit my favorite antique spots.  This week, I spent time in Washington DC, and came away with a determined appreciation of our nation's history and the Capitol.  There is much to see and learn by way of monuments, museums and historic stops, and after a few days of these particular visits, I needed a break.  As habits never die, I found myself in the midst of a beautiful antique shop. 
Favorite Antique Shop This Week in Washington DC:
Côté Jardin is a luxury European antique shop in the heart of Washington DC's tony Georgetown neighborhood.   Cobblestone streets and quaint, English-style architecture sets the needed tone away from the hustle and bustle of DC living.  The shop specializes in 18 & 19th Century old-world furnishings, and with a firm emphasis on outdoor garden sculptures and objets you are once transported to another era of living amongst beauty.  
The works are unusual and the shop keeper could not have been more charming to boot!  I came away refreshed and ready to tackle more of what our nation's Capitol l has to offer.  Take a visit to this lovely shop, and yes before you ask, they are on 1st Dibs, but here by stopping in person you get to see for yourself and run your hands over the patina.  As always, being around antiques instills a love and appreciation for history and craftsmanship. 
3218 O Street NW, 
Washington, DC 20007
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara