Mirror Mirror On The Wall, These Are The Prettiest Ones Of All at High Point Market
Eight Stellar Mirrors
High Point Spring Market, 2019
what I love about mirrors is they can serve two purposes in a home-- they are practical, and the perfect necessity in a hallway, bedroom or living room. But, they can also bring beauty and design to a room, like a work of art. Mirrors are one of the few items that are important to use center stage - usually hung in a prominent space in a home, like over a fireplace mantel or dining table or alone in the center of a foyer. They need to offer a place to reflect light or catch an image, but they are perfect as a statement piece as well. This past April at High Point Market, we spotted many unique beauties, and narrowed our favorites down to eight of the best.
1. The Oyster Shell Mirror from Currey and Company is the perfect hall mirror for a beach house. It's fun and oversized and layered with the oyster detailing.
3. Howard Elliott's Brando mirror (24") is simple and an elegant classic, however with the shadowbox design in a glossy black lacquer, it feels fresh and modern. From the front it looks gold then viewing from the side it has a glossy black finish.
4. another favorite from this brand- I love the versatile Woodrow Mirror at Howard Elliott. It has a white-wash finish made with natural wood. This rustic mirror will look equally at home in a coastal retreat as it would in a modern, urban apartment.
5. Van Collier's Occhio Grande from the Medici Collection- the perfect convex mirror with a modern feel.
8. We love the shape of the Mariette Himes Gomez's Paris mirror for Hickory Chair. Inspired by the sleek designs of the 1940s, this antique looking gold leaf finish and sweeping profile tops our list of unique finds.