WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Celine 2020 Paris Fashion Week Runway Show- English, Edgy & Cool

Rock and Roll Chic Meets SchoolMarme...  
Celine's Runway During
Paris Fashion Week 2020 
Showing Trends Influencing the Home As Well!
"rock n roll bourgeois" 
My take on the interior design version of a growing trend which emphasizes layered nubby and textured textiles, leather, the color brown and a juxtaposition of vintage with modern designs in a clean, edited light...
this recent Cobble Hill home featured in AD Home by designer Andre Mellone
I was not in Paris for Fashion Week, but I did see Gwyneth Paltrow and a whole host of celebrities on Instagram worrying out loud about the looming Coronavirus.  But, Paris' Fashion Week marched on regardless. When I cannot travel to Paris for Fashion Week (truth be told I've only been a handful of times for Fashion Week), I love catching up online with my favorites.  It seems everyone waited with bated breath for Celine's show last week.  For the LVMH-owned brand (which is home to 75 luxury companies, the iconic Louis Vuitton being one of them), I'd describe the show as Abbey Road meets edgy schoolmarme with the models donning houndstooth and velvet blazers and scarves.  Channeling the nubby textiles and colors of menswear, the collection puts a rock and roll spin to the look.  I love the moody color scheme, and let's all agree that the color Brown is in style.  

I do love a good runway show because it's the coming together of many forces and visions and gives everyone an all-sensory experience that almost transcends the clothing.  It tells us what we are all thinking "collectively" at that moment in time.  Well, according to Celine, we are a little doomed yet doing it with great style.  The show had interesting lighting, with a lit runway but dark scene otherwise and it was a cool way to highlight the bespoke fashion. Artistic Director Hedi Slimane gave us a dramatic show. The music set the tone with the lilty voice of Sofia Bolt singing Get Out Of My Head and bringing a vintage vibe. The rail-thin models with seemingly little makeup and messy hair...remind me of the filmmaker Wes Anderson together with his muse actress Tilda Swinton.  Models donned Scarves, hats, jackets with knee-length skirts, some suede and a lot of dark colors.  Despite the dreary tone, I do like it.  The textures and layers are interesting and as usual I try to make the connection between fashion and home.  I can see the aesthetic will inspire the home market and already has-- menswear-inspired fabric, textured textiles and the colors brown and black together.  
check out the runway video here 
Trend Alert:  
Brown, Velvet, Houndstooth, 
Ruffled Shirts, Capes, Hats
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara