WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

My Favorite Design Moments at the Hampton Designer Showhouse, 2021


Eight Favorite Design Moments At The 
2021 Hampton Designer Showhouse

It was my birthday week, and we kicked off the weekend with four of my good friends joining me for the opening party of the 2021 Hampton Designer Showhouse.  This year it was hosted by HC&G magazine.  Twenty four interior designers show their talent throughout this historic home and property in Southampton Village in the east end of Long Island.  The Wooley House is now a 7,000-square-foot home as it was newly renovated and expanded.  This annual showhouse raises funds for the Stony Brook Southampton Hospital and is open until Halloween this year Monday through Sunday 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.

The Wooley House has long roots dating back to the 1830s, and the current owners (Jason Khan and Juan Londono) donated the home for the project. Renovations included preserving the historic details of the home, and I particularly love the front porch which showcases the original Italianate architectural detailing.  Please check out my favorite moments of the house here on the blog, and my Opening Party Tik Tok post as well.   All photographs are a combination of my own candids with ones provided by the showhouse and credit to Anastassios Mentis.

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
1. gorgeous layering of textiles in Kerri Pilchik's bedroom
2. Old-World, Yet Cozy Study by BP2 Interiors
3. Lovely Blue & Orange Color Combining in 
4. Great use of a Classic wallpaper in a cool, modern bathroom
the Warehouse Interiors

5. Dramatic and Creative Use of Art 
in Melanie Roy's for Todd Merrill Studio's downstairs lounge & dining

6. Mixing up a modern and vintage feel 
in Ghislaine Vinas' downstairs bedroom and outdoor lounge

7. stylish flowers on the 
outside patio by Arthur Golabek
(I mean...did you watch his instagram posts during the pandemic? 
The dinner for one every evening was inspiring)

8. A peaceful, quiet place to read with original sketches from Calvin Klein's illustrator on the desk by Scott Formby Design