WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Cheers to the Palm Beach Decorator Show House Open Now

What I love About The
Kips Bay Decorator Show House 
photographs by Nickolas Sargent

What can we learn about design trends from the newly opened Palm Beach Decorator Show house?  Well, for one, a serious return to history, classic design, color and an indulgence into creating fantasy spaces, homes we get lost in.  This makes sense to me in this day and age.  

Welcome to the Fifth Annual Kips Bay Decorator Show House in Palm Beach.  Opened March 5th the home was decorated by 24 renowned interior designers hailing from all over the country raising funds for the Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club as well as the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County.  Located in the toney historic district in West Palm Beach, this house is a must see for design lovers. 

I have not visited but what I love hearing is that this year's house pays homage to the long design history of the area with natural and tropical motifs and unique-to-Florida color schemes.  For those who cannot attend in person, they offer a 3D virtual video tour. Purchase tickets here.

Kips Bay Show House Palm Beach
3001 Spruce Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 
March 5- April 3, 2022 

My Top 7 Favorite Rooms at the Kips Bay Show House

We are thrilled to note that our root cellar designs fabric is featured in the Primary Bedroom, a tented retreat by Ashley Gilbreath.  Our Magnolia Spin pillow on the bed surrounded by a beautifully draped room with lots of gorgeous textiles.  This truly feels like you are on vacation.

a gorgeous, Classic pattern play of blue and white by Andrea Schumacher. The chandelier is so Old Palm Beach, and that celiling- I love it!  

designer Amanda Reynal brings in the exotic and preppy and puts it together in a perfect floridian manner- with lots of gorgeous natural textures and pops of color.  

Peter Pennoyer's Study is colorful, stunning, welcoming and layered without overwhelming.  The Classic elements feel fresh and we love a good bar cart and gorgeous rug to balance the room. 

One of my all-time favorite rooms was Sarah Bartholomew's space at another Kips Bay in New York City years ago, so I'm not surprised that her tented bedroom (seems a theme with tented rooms, folks!) is a stunner.  Again, the feeling of the exotic yet grounded in history and a sense of true American style beckons you to lounge. 

My good friend Barbara Lewis of the Lewis Design Group brings her signature flair in this closet space with saturated pattern, color and creating an enchanting, almost dream-like ambiance.   

I'm partial to swinging furniture so seeing this floating daybed has me smitten.  Surrounded in a very unique very Floridian sunshine color scheme with rattan and touches of tropical, Tiffany Brook's room is one of my favorites. That light and lacquered ceiling is icing on the cake.