WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

Early Summer Has Us Pining Over The Color Pink In The Home

With Early Summer Showing Its True Colors, 
Let's Celebrate The Color Pink In Our Homes and Lives!   

FABRIC: 
Pink textiles from rootcellardesigns
from light pink to hot pink from indoor to outdoor, 
pink adds character to home design. Top left and right: a family heirloom we upholstered for a client in Nutmeg toile in pink coloring.  Bottom: left an outdoor cushion in Thistle Sprig and indoor pillow in pink butterflies.
WALLPAPER: 
hot pink reigns supreme in this dining room 
we designed using our wallpaper Circus in Hot Orchid coloring

TABLEWARE:
vintage tableware in pink hues makes for a lovely addition to your spring table when entertaining 
Left; transferware pink plates and right; pink depression glass I inherited (but you can find easily and cost effectively on etsy or amazon.
PAINT COLORS:
Two favorite pink paints 
left Benjamin Moore; right Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
FURNITURE & ACCESSORIES
I'll say it again, I love a well made pink sofa
and these Beekman Lamps by Kate Spade at Circa Lighting brings a little bit of that Hot Pink into the home - the same hue we are seeing in fashion these days.   

Kate Spade's Beekman Lamp


Give me a good pink sofa, I'm smitten
This one (a lovely Raspberry pattern) Anatolia sofa from Anthropologie
Thank you Cuisinart, and I'll never turn down a pink mixer!

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara