WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

RED, WHITE & BLUE: A Summer Color Scheme For the Home!

 

Now that Fourth of July has passed, 
let's celebrate the color scheme. It truly only starts to feel like summer 
when the red, white & blue color scheme appears on our table on July 4.  So, let's share some favorite red, white & blue finds for the home...
 
My favorite Go-To 
Red White & Blue Designs for Summer 2022
1. Red Dog Pool Float inspired by artist Jeff Koons
2. Blue Hydrangeas all over the house from Fifty Flowers
3. Blue Heron throw pillow in Indigo by root cellar designs
4. Blueberry Paint color by Benjamin Moore 
is my go-to almost navy but saturated blue hue for a rich backdrop
5. red and white ticking drapery against a Blueberry wall! 
Here I made these custom but a design hack for a sophisticated look check out Pottery Barn

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara